Re: [Exim] Resent- headers

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tony Finch
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Resent- headers
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>So what? There doesn't *have* to be such a separator. Consider:

>To which set does the Resent-To: belong?

If the message has actually been resent twice there should be a

>One doesn't usually expect to see anything nestled between Received:
>headers. The whole area is so ill-defined that different software does
>all kinds of different things.

Although it's horrible from the point of view of history and practice,
I think RFC 2822 is reasonably clear about the intended behaviour.
See the syntax for "fields" on page 18, which states that Resent-
headers are to be interleaved with Received: headers. I think Pine
is working to an older more ambiguous spec.

> "Each new set of resent fields is prepended to the message;
> that is, the most recent set of resent fields appear earlier in the
> message."
>
>The second clause in that sentence doesn't seem to say the same thing as
>the first clause.

It does to me. Received headers are prepended and appear from newer to
older as you read down.

>That seems clearer about prepending, but note the "kept in blocks",
>which suggests to me that interleaving with Received: is bad.

A block here means a set of Resent- headers and the associated