Re: [Exim] Hosting multiple domains with Exim - reposting en…

Autor: Avleen Vig
A: Willie Viljoen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Hosting multiple domains with Exim - reposting entire thread
> > I have a server that uses Exim, and there is one problem that I can't
> > solve even though I was trying to find the answers int he FAQ...
> > On this server we have several domains. My problem is that I can't
> > separate the domains. For example I have the domain zenevilag.net and
> > tudas.com. Both should have an e-mail address like info@???
> > and info@???. Right now, if someone sends an e-mail to the info@
> > it all goes to the same place without separating them by its domains.
> > What we would like to do, is to separate the domians deliver the
> > info@??? and info@??? to different accounts...
> > Can anyone suggest me a solution how to do this?

If you don't mind doing RDBMS lookups (mysql), check vexim
(http://silverwraith.com/vexim).

Yes, I know I talk about it a lot :-) But a lot of people are currently
reporting good success with it.

Someone recently said an ISP they work with has started using it, which
seems to be a good thing.
2.0 is still pending, but due to my wife giving birth, it's been
slightly delayed :-)

Vexim is good if you want a web interface to managing a lot of domains,
and also want to have the option of assigning admins on a per-domain
basis, etc.

We've managed to solve a lot of common problems when doing hosting of
multiple domains, such as per-user filtering of mail, password
management and other things. If nothing else, it might provide a nice
start to your own solutions.