Re: [Exim] More on the performance problem with mail routing

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Scott Courtney
Para: Suresh Ramasubramanian, Willie Viljoen
CC: exim-users, dboyes
Assunto: Re: [Exim] More on the performance problem with mail routing
On Tuesday 11 November 2003 17:02, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Willie Viljoen writes on 11/11/2003 4:46 PM:
> > I'm almost certain that your problem is RFC 413. What is happening is
> > that
>
> Sounds like it. Only, this is RFC 1413.
>
> > rfc1413_hosts = *
> > rfc1413_query_timeout = 5s
>
> 0s might be a better idea.

We have the following settings:

rfc1413_hosts =
rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s

Unless I misread the Exim manual, this is supposed to turn off identd
lookups entirely, yes? Have I got a syntax problem with these lines?

> Or do you have amavisd running only on port 25 but not on the other port?

Amavisd isn't running at all on this host. We have it on the mailbox servers,
which *used* to share a common Exim config file with the inbound routers, by
way of lots of conditional logic.

We broke the Exim configs into separate files for each server type when the
common file became too complex to manage. But in the process of doing that,
I never got around to removing the extra listen on port 10025. (Amavisd itself
runs on 10024; it returns the processed messages back to Exim on 10025.)

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them