Re: [Exim] Smarthost with an alternate port

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Willie Viljoen
A: Martin Hicks
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Smarthost with an alternate port
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Hicks" <mort@???>
To: "Willie Viljoen" <will@???>
Cc: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] Smarthost with an alternate port

> I have the following in
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp:
>
> remote_smtp_over_ssh:
>         driver = smtp
>         port = 9025
>         allow_localhost

> and in /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/200_exim4-config_primary
> I have:
>
> smarthost:
> driver = manualroute
> transport = remote_smtp_over_ssh
> route_list = * localhost
> allow_localhost

This all looks right, so the problem is probably elsewhere, except for one
thing. Check if localhost in the line is being resolved properly. Some auto
configuration scripts can cause problems here, the debian install might for
instance have done something strange in /etc/hosts. Check that file to make
sure localhost.yourdomain.net points to 127.0.0.1. I've seen some strange
cases where it points to, for instance, a private IP address on the
machine's ethernet interface. This is unlikely to be the cause though, read
further down for more possibilities...

> In the logs I'm still getting the following:
>
> 2003-11-10 22:30:37 Start queue run: pid=5634 -qff
> 2003-11-10 22:30:37 1AJP3A-0001Ef-OA Unfrozen by forced delivery
> 2003-11-10 22:30:37 1AJP3A-0001Ef-OA remote host address is the local
> host: bork.org
> 2003-11-10 22:30:37 1AJP3A-0001Ef-OA == andrea@??? R=smarthost
> defer (-1): remote host address is the local host

All I can think of is that your machine is configured to think it is
bork.org (ie, in the primary_hostname configuration line, or if it appears
in local_domains). Exim will have a fit if the smarthost also thinks it is
bork.org. It will believe the domain to be misconfigured. If the smarthost
accepts for bork.org, and your local machine accepts for bork.org, you have
a conflict.

Best way to fix this is to name your machine something else, for instance,
make it accept for home.bork.org or firewalled.bork.org instead. If you have
a situation where you have some addresses to be delivered locally, and some
at the remote host, you can use rewrite lines in the configuration file,
like this:

john@???    john@???    T
joan@???    joan@???    T

This way, e-mail sent via this machine to the john or joan users will be
rewritten (envelope TO: address only, no visible change) to be delivered
within this domain. Any other bork.org e-mail will be sent via the
smarthost. You'll probably want to also have these settings:

primary_hostname = home.bork.org
local_domains = @

Hope it helps again :)
Will