[Exim] Resent- headers

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Resent- headers
Is there a particular reason why Exim always fixes up the Resent-
headers, including adding new headers?

I can see it making sense for initial submission, or as a default for
relay_from_hosts, but it goes a bit against the philosophy of "don't
touch a mail in transit unless you absolutely have to"; I'm having some
issues at the moment getting a good set of test-cases to figure out when
Exim changes which set of Resent- headers, when there are multiple
Resent- sets of varying quality.

Really, for inbound mail, I'd like to just leave all the headers
unchanged except for prepending Received: and any special stuff from the
transport.

Is this viable, or are the extra headers required for internal
consistency?

Thanks,
--
2001: Blogging invented. Promises to change the way people bore strangers with
banal anecdotes about their pets. <http://www.thelemon.net/issues/timeline.php>