Re: [Exim] headers_add not working

Author: David Saez
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] headers_add not working
Hi !!

> Well, actually, it goes through the unseen router more than once. These
> are lines extracted from the debug:

yes, true, it does for the new address.

> I think you have misunderstood how redirection works. After a
> redirection, the routers are executed again from the start. So your
> "unseen" router will operate both before and after a redirection.
> (That's why I see two spam_transport deliveries int the debug.)

what sense does have to completly loose all headers added before the
unseen ?? maybe it will be ok to have some router option (i.e.
preserve_headers) so all the added headers are really added, or better,
add the headers when routers are executed again from the start. In any
case this behaviour should be better documented on the unseen router
option.

> I suggest you find a way of ensuring that that router is not run again
> after redirection. Hmm. I'm not sure how easy that actually is to do,
> now that I think about it.
>
> You could perhaps set redirect_router on the redirecting routers.

perfect !! I just re-arranged the routers so the ones with unseen are the
very first ones and redirect routers have redirect_router to the first
non-unseen router.

--
Thanx & best regards ...

Useless Invention: Digital clock-winder.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53