Re: [Exim] Re: Re: How to try more than one router?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Adam D. Barratt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Re: How to try more than one router?
Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote, Monday, November 10, 2003 10:38 AM

[...]
> At least on Linux, ping -w 1 will return on no connection. Unfortunately
> the return code is the same whether a reply was recieved or not.

Really? I've just checked one of our Debian boxes, and the version of `ping'
it's running (NetKit 0.09) doesn't even support `-w'.

It *does*, however, support `-c' for a specific number of pings, and *does*
return a useful exit status (0 for at least one reply received, 1 for no
replies received, and 2 on error).

Adam