[Exim] Skipping ACL's

Author: Graham Dodd
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Skipping ACL's
Hi All,

based on a problem with ClamAV 0.60 not detecting W32/Mimail Kevin suggested
putting in an ACL to deny if the email was from james@???, well I
thought I had done this but today I received 4 more W32/Mimail emails.

I ran with debugging on using #exim -d-all+filter+acl -f james@???
g.dodd@???

Can someone explain why I am skipping ACL configuration

I have a system filter in place that works, but I would prefer an ACL

thanks for the help

Graham

Part of the debug output :

[root@mail exim]# Exim version 4.24 uid=93 gid=93 pid=13152 D=204
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001)
Support for: iconv() PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf
log selector = ffffffff
LOG: MAIN
cwd=/var/spool/exim 4 args: /usr/sbin/exim -d=0x204 -Mc 1AJAVg-0003Q7-Rv
trusted user
admin user
skipping ACL configuration - not needed
running system filter