Re: [Exim] Re: OT: Outlook don't support multilines 550 retu…

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Adam Thornton
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: OT: Outlook don't support multilines 550 return codes?!?
[ On , November 9, 2003 at 12:48:15 (-0600), Adam Thornton wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: OT: Outlook don't support multilines 550 return     codes?!?

> Can I get an immigration visa to your planet, where users are not only
> able to understand rational explanations,

If your users are that stupid and that stubborn that they will neither
understand your simple and graphic demonstration, nor accept your expert
analysis of the matter, then I'm sorry, the problem is not with the
user, but with you. You must learn to manage their expectations better.

> but have both the will and the
> political power to alter their choice of software based on said
> explanation?

Well, if your users cannot choose their own client software, or have
some true expert help them with that choice, then that's also probalby
your fault, not theirs. You must learn to enable your users, not stifle
them.

Whining that your hands are tied on matters like this is just plain
stupid and will never improve anything.

Note that we're obviously talking about _your_ users here since we're
talking about end-user desk-top software, not some random Joe from the
Big Bad Internet who might accidentally connect directly to your mailer
instead of using his own ISP/IT gateway. I.e. the people who would
complain to you are those you do have direct control over, or at least
very strong influence over.

If you don't learn to take control of matters like this then you will
forever be held hostage by the likes of M$ and it is only your own fault.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>