[Exim] Re: OT: Outlook don't support multilines 550 return c…

Autor: Bernard Massot
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: OT: Outlook don't support multilines 550 return codes ?!?
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:15:34AM +0100, Justo wrote:

> I'm probing a new configuration to return a multiline 550 message to say the
> user the virus in his mail. When I return this to the client
>
> 550-This message contians a virus:
> 550-Eicar-Test-File
> 550 please visit http://virus.com for more info
>
> the stupid of Outlook Express 6.0 don't show the message, copy it to sent
> folder and all is ok !?!?!?
>
> If I send a unique line 550 return message the Outlook all work fine (show the
> return message and don't remove it from the outbox folder)
>
> I don't use Outlook but my clients use it.... any idea ?!?

I've tested it and got the same result as you. It seems it's just one
more bug of outlook. Sometimes I wonder if microsoft developpers have
read at least once the RFCs...
Just tell your clients to use good MUAs.
--
Bernard Massot