Re: [Exim] LDAP search scope

Author: craig jackson
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LDAP search scope
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I'm fairly new to LDAP as well, so don't take what I say as gospel. I
> do have the luxury of a couple of LDAP books on my desk, which is why I
> answered.
>
> My advice is to use ldapsearch (or similar) to test that you get the
> results you expect on the command-line. Then try from within Exim.

Sheldon

Thanks for the reply, but I finally got it working. Scope = base was
correct as I thought. However, I'm such a dumb-ass I forgot to remove
sub from subsequent conditions where it was also failing. The real
problem is I'm just learning both LDAP and EXIM at the same time and the
LDAP acls are a little complicated. So debugging is a nightmare.
Thanks for patience and reply.

Craig

--

Craig Jackson