Re: [Exim] Exim + Oracle on FreeBSD - a complication

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim + Oracle on FreeBSD - a complication
On (2003/11/07 12:57), Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> Bird 1: Compile Exim MTA with Oracle Support
> Bird 2: Learn a few things about Oracle.
>
> Now I got to a point where I am compiling Exim with support for Oracle (
> besides MySQL and Perl) and this is where problems have sprung up.
> When I build Exim, I get this warning:
>

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libc.so.6, needed by
> /shared/oracle9/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/lib/libclntsh.so, may
> conflict with libc.so.5
>
> Now from what I can see, libc.so.6 comes from the linux-devtools while
> libc.so.5 is native to FreeBSD.

Looks like you're trying to link a FreeBSD binary (exim) against a Linux
library (libclntsh.so). I don't think that's going to work.

I think you may have to build a Linux binary of Exim, and then run
_that_ on FreeBSD.

Crazy-sounding, I know. But it should work. You're likely to pull
quite a bit of hair out during the process of tweaking the build,
though.

Good luck!

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: The cross-post was naughty.  If you want to reach two lists, send two
    distinct copies of your message.  Otherwise, the conversation soon
    becomes off-topic on one of the lists, but the folks on the other
    list don't trop it from the CC list. :-)