Re: [Exim] Compress file patch

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Justo Alonso
A: masta
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Compress file patch
On Thursday 06 November 2003 21:54, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Justo Alonso wrote:

Hi,

> > Hi,
> > attach a patch to exim-4.24 to add support to compress the mailbox file.
> >
> > It add one boolean option to appendfile transport (compress_file).
> >
> > If your format is maildir, compress the new file (important to use
> > maildir_tag to controle the quota)
> >
> > If your format is mbox, open the compressed file and add the new mail at
> > the end.
> >
> > I probe it in maildir format, and work fine (for me).
> >
> > Need test in other format (mbox, store, bsmtp, etc....).
>
> For mbox this sounds risky to me, for maildir it's a waste of ressources.

I must probe the mbox format... but I don't have many time.... ;((

ummm... I'm probe it and the compressed message size is a 1/2 or 1/3 of the
original message size.. I have 6TB of user mailboxes, convert it to 2.5TB not
is a waste of resources..... isn't ??

> Which imap/pop-servers are able to read these files? Is there a
> standard-flag for compressed maildirs?

I have another home made-patch to courier imap & pop server. No, not is a
standard flag. The zlib library open compressed and uncompressed files. If
the file are uncompressed open it at the same form that is in compressed
form.

> > [ patch.compress.exim-4.24.20031028 of type text/x-diff deleted ]
>
> The mailinglist removes attachments, either send the patch inline, or
> provide an URL.

It's ok.. sorry...

http://netsounds.en.eresmas.com/patch.compress.exim-4.24.20031028