Re: [Exim] bogus bounces

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
Para: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bogus bounces
* Christopher L. Everett <ceverett@???> [20031107 06:56]: wrote:
> Christopher L. Everett wrote:
>
> >It just started doing this. For a couple of days my list server
> >wasn't responding until I noticed that exim had crashed on it
> >and I restarted Exim.
> >
> >When I sent emails to the list server, I get an _immediate_
> >bounce message saying "retry time not reached for any host
> >after a long failure period". There's something weird about a
> >"Long failure period" bounce coming back right away ...
> >
> >I am able to send emails through the list server by using
> >telnet to port 25 on my list server box, but sending it via
> >my main email server, causes the bounce mentioned.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> Nevermind.
>
> I found the section on the host based retry. Then I rooted around
> and found an archived email suggesting the use of exim_tidydb.
> Close but not quite the ticket.
>
> So that the next poor SOB with the same problem can google up what
> he needs, I present one way to tell exim, "the host is back up and
> please would you send the frickin' emails through so I can go home
> to my nice warm bed?"
>
> 1. use exim_dumpdb to extract the information you need to find the
> entry in the database you need in the second step:
>
> #exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry | grep <hostname>
> T:lists.physemp.com:207.177.51.235 111 65 Connection refused
> #
>
> 2. exim_fixdb is an interactive shell program for editing exim
> databases. Fire it up with essentially the same incantation as
> exim_dumpdb and then use it to delete the bad entry in the retry
> database:
>
> # exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry
> Exim retry database in spool /var/spool/exim
> >T:lists.physemp.com:207.177.51.235     <=== LOOK UP THE ENTRY
> 0 error number: 111 Connection refused
> 1 extra data:   65
> 2 first failed: 01-Nov-2003 14:10:22
> 3 last try:     06-Nov-2003 02:02:04
> 4 next try:     06-Nov-2003 10:02:04
> 5 expired:      yes
> >d                                       <=== DELETE THE ENTRY
> deleted
> >q                                      <=== QUIT
> #

> Back in business ...

Not good enough for the archives ;-)

Your step 2 should read

# exim_fixdb /var/spool/exim retry

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post