Re: [Exim] local domains pgsql lookup misbehaving

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Paul Slootman, Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local domains pgsql lookup misbehaving
Paul Slootman wrote:

>>domainlist VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = pgsql;SELECT 1 from users where \
>>                                   domain='$domain' LIMIT 1

>>should work.
>
> This is hardly a 'domainlist' type of value, though?

Did you read what I wrote before? The returned value doesn't matter, exim
only checks for "Did the lookup return SOMETHING". Please read the docs.

>>The lookup;-style checks for SOMETHING to be returned, NOT for the value
>>itself. The above should work.
>
> So exim has no way of obtaining a LIST of local domains at startup from
> a postgresql database? Because what you suggest will only work for an
> individual lookup at a time; I want it to set the domainlist
> local_domains...

How would you want to do this? What if the domainlist requires some
variable that is only available when the client connects? Also, this
would need a restart of exim everytime a domain is added.

If you don't want exim to query mysql all the time dump everything into
dbm or cdb-files.

Nico