[Exim] $acl_verify_message

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bill Moseley
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] $acl_verify_message
Still trying to understand...

Can I use $acl_verify_message in a "warn message" header to get the
reason of a verify fail?

I'm not seeing any content in $acl_verify_message -- I assume I'm trying
to use if for something other than what it was designed for. I'd like
to get the reason for the verify failure into a header.

There's probably a much better way to do this, but here was my test
case:

acl_check_data:

  warn  message = X-Verified-Sender: Verified host in <$sender_address>. $acl_verify_message
        verify = sender

  warn  message = X-Verified-Sender: Verified callout to <$sender_address>. $acl_verify_message
        verify = sender/callout=20s,defer_ok

# Or add a header when verification fails
# Obviously only only valid when when check_rcpt doesn't verify the sender

  warn  message = X-Verified-Sender: *Failed* verify of host in <$sender_address>. $acl_verify_message
        !verify = sender

  warn  message = X-Verified-Sender: *Failed* callout to host in <$sender_address>. $acl_verify_message
        !verify = sender/callout=20s,defer_ok

Now if I send with a bad local part I get:

Now if I send with a bad local part I get:

but, there's no reason.

The other odd thing, is if I send from a bad domain I only get one
header:

Why is only one header being added in that case?

BTW -- is it true that a header can only be added in the acl_check_data
(because acl_check_rcpt doesn't have any headers yet)?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@???