Re: [Exim] [Newbye] But can it do subfolders?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Eric Vautier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Newbye] But can it do subfolders?
On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 11:50, Eric Vautier wrote:
> I've been using IMAP on the client end for a while, and appreciate
> the possibility to create subfolders and set up filters to get
> messages nicely sorted into clean drawers.
>
> Now my provider on a fresh domain name has EXIM installed as mail
> server, and I'm able to access it under Outlook as IMAP. But try as
> I may, I'm unable to create a single subfolder in the inbox. I'm
> able to create folders on the same level as inbox, but no subfolders.

Exim does not do IMAP. Exim is an MTA (Mail Transport Agent), which
deals with moving mail across the network and putting it into some form
of final delivery location. IMAP then exposes mail in that final
delivery file/folder/directory/database.

On an exim system IMAP is handled by some completely separate piece of
software. There are several different IMAP implementations so we can't
even guess whats happening in your case.

    Nigel.