Re: [Exim] exepting corrupt headers

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exepting corrupt headers
Torben Janssen said:
> Hi,
>
> my setup:
> ISP with POP3 server. Fetchmail fetches mail and deliver to local exim
> (4.24).
>
> my problem:
> corrupt mails on pop3 server. fetchmail fetches mail. local exim refuses
> this mail. fetchmail gives up and start again. so when the 10th mail is
> corrupt fetchmail tried over and over and always fetches the first nine
> mails and do not delete them on the pop3 server.

How do you know they are corrupt on the server?

Are you sure this is not a fetchmail problem?

I've heard of similar problems before with fetchmail.

Can you pop the mail using a regular client? If so, what do the headers
look like then.

> my question:
> is it possible to configure exim to allow all mails? with and without
> corrupt headers? maybe exim can accept them and then freeze them?
>
> i always got on type of mail with a corrupt Return-Path: header
>
> e.g.:
> rly-xw01.mx.aol.com with SMTP; Nov, 05 2003 5:34:26 AM -0200

The Return-Path looks like it is combined with a forged Received header.

> I don't know why the isp's mailserver accepts these mails (it's qmail).
> They know my problem but are too lazy or whatever to fix it.

Can't speak for them, but.. it might not be their problem.

Also, many providers don't know how to support something like Fetchmail.
They can only provide tech support for basic Window Users.

Cox.net for example would say try it with the "supported" platform and if
that works, the problem is on your side. They don't provide support for
Linux, Unix etc...

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums