Re: [Exim] permanent failure for spam

Author: Phil Chambers
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Exim] permanent failure for spam
> Ron McKeating wrote:
> > Now it seems that btinternet are doing spam filtering at the smtp
> > transaction and if it identifies a spam it breaks the connection with a
> > defer. Is this normal? we are thinking of setting up exiscan to do this
> > to emails with big spam scores but we were planning to do a deny, eg a
> > 550 permanent error. The way bt are doing it, the email sits in our
> > queue for 8 days and we constantly re-attempt to deliver it.

I am curious to know if the messages are spam. If they are then perhaps you deserve
to have messages clogging up your queue. If not, then it looks as if BT's
spam-checking is up the creek and it might be worth contacting their postmaster to
let them know.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter