[Exim] Exim died on Interrupted system call

Author: Steven Dossett
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim died on Interrupted system call
Hi folks,

I had Exim die tonight for the first time. Seems that I had too many
connections from an IP (I have the limit at 5) and then an interrupted
system call error. It looked a bit like this according to the paniclog:

<timestamp> Connection from x.x.x.x.x refused: too many connections from
that IP address
<timestamp> Cannot open mail log file "<path to exim_mainlog>":
Interrupted system call: euid=29899 egid=301

This particular instance had been running for about a week before this
error. Restarting Exim, it came right back up no problems. Has anyone
else encountered this? I'm running Exim 4.24 on Solaris 8.

Steven