Re: [Exim] Columbian Spammer

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Columbian Spammer
On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:29:17PM +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> At 17:43 +0000 2003/11/03, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> [...]
> >did what the DNS told me to do." If you break the cooperation, you're no
> >better than the spammers, in many ways, and I'll know that I don't want
> >to accept mail from you, because I'll be unlikely to be able to report
> Matthew, you have singlehandedly destroyed your own argument...

If you think that, you didn't understand the argument.

I'm the third party here, I find that a mail to someone broke, I try to mail
their postmaster, but I can't, because I've been blacklisted and their network
is just dropping. I have no idea (other than what the DNS tells me) whether
they really are supposed to be the MX for that domain. As far as I'm
concerned, I'm sending it to the right place. If they turn around and say
"relaying denied", then I'm likely to try and mail their postmaster and try
and work out whether that's a configuration error on their end, or a
configuration error in the DNS. If I can't do that, that's equivalent, in
my mind, to not being able to send a bounce, or an abuse mail.

My mail system does callouts, so if you blacklist me, you won't be able to
send me mail either.

MBM