Re: [Exim] Forgetting delivery attempts....

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Adam Thornton
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Forgetting delivery attempts....
On 3 Nov 2003, Adam Thornton wrote:

> My question, I guess, is, if it's in the queue, waiting for a retry,
> does Exim attempt another MX lookup on the RCPT hostname,

Yes. It always repeats the routing.

> or does it use its cached data?

It does not cache the data. When a delivery fails, what it remembers is
that the delivery failed, and that (therefore) it shouldn't retry that
host/IP/port again for a while. It remembers nothing about the routing
for a particular message.