Re: [Exim] RBL/anti-spam advice?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL/anti-spam advice?
Hi Toralf, on Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:25:05 +0100 you wrote:

> rbl_domains =
> proxies.blackholes.wirehub.net/warn:proxies.relays.monkeys.com/warn:rel
> ays.ordb.org/warn:bl.spamcop.net/warn:dnsbl.njabl.org/warn# check all
> hosts other than those on internal network rbl_hosts =
> !^(.*\.|)(DOMAINS)$
> Have the spammers got smarter
> lately, or has something happended to the above mentioned lists? Can
> anyone recommend other RBL hosts?

IIRC, monkeys has died, which probably accounts for most of the increase.
Wirehub has changed its name to proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl - the old
one may still be working but either way I'd update your config.

Try adding list.dsbl.org to that (in fact, I'd reject on it rather than
just warning). That's a fantastic list which combines all kinds of open
relays/proxies. I have it first in my reject list and it catches loads.

I would also add sbl.spamhaus.org (and, again, reject on it rather than
warning - you are not likely to get anything of value from hosts listed in
it).

opm.blitzed.org is another open proxy list worth looking at, although most
of them are also in DSBL.

blackholes.easynet.nl is also worth looking at, although has more
collateral damage.

> Should I perhaps use SpamAssasin or similar?

SpamAssassin is handy as an addition to the various DNSBLs, yes. Although
I'd upgrade to Exim 4 first so you can take advantage of exiscan-acl or
SA-Exim (although it matters less if you are not actually going to reject
but just move mail around - but if you are installing SpamAssassin, it
almost seems a shame not to reject stuff outright at least at a high
threshold).

It's also handy not only for the content-analysis, but because you can add
extra DNSBL's (like Easynet Blackholes or SPEWS) where you don't want a
black or white result from them (ie reject/don't reject), but just want to
bump up the "spam score" of a mail.

Tim