Re: [Exim] Columbian Spammer

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: will
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Columbian Spammer
Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 12:21:44PM +0000, will wrote:
>
>>It was about 2 lines of IPTables in a 'firewall' script started with the
>>init scripts. I just used '-j DROP', no point in politely informing the
>>spammers program that the connection had failed and that is should retry ;-)
>

> You could, of course, have achieved the same effect by just pulling the
> uplink out of the back of your mailserver.
>
> Probably would have achieved the same effect.

Hmmmm, no, that would have 'firewalled' the entire server, not just
SMTP, not just for the offending IP's. I *know* you know enough about
networking to know *that*.

> MBM (hates people who drop packets rather than simulating closed ports, makes
>      it really hard to debug whose network is the problem)

Like spammers do you? Hang around with them huh? ;-)

Seriously though, it was just dropping the packets from the small IP
range that was being used (and after abuse and postmaster of the ISP
were informed and did nothing about it). Unless you were trying to
debug network connections from the small IP range of a spam freindly ISP
in Brazil you wold have been fine...

Will.