Re: [Exim] Exim on secondary MX hosts configuration question…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bob Tanner
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on secondary MX hosts configuration questions
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Problems started when the primary mail server came back online. The secondary
> MX hosts started their deliveries and crushed the primary mail server.
>
> The secondary MX hosts have
>
>    queue_run_max = 2
>    remote_max_parallel = 2

> Reading the documentation, I believe this says 4 maximum deliveries can take
> place.

As long as you are starting queue runners by a daemon, and as long as no
further incoming messages are arriving, yes. You can use exiwhat to
check how many queue runners you have active.

Further incoming messages are, however, likely to arrive for some time,
because hosts that know the primary was down may choose not to try it
again for a while (Exim behaves like that). Unless you have set
queue_only, these messages may give rise to other deliveries to the
primary.

You could use the "control = queue_only" ACL feature on the secondary to
ensure that incoming mail that is addressed to the primary is never
delivered immediately, but always queued.