Re: [Exim] Broken Aliases after upgrading from Exim3 to Exim…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Broken Aliases after upgrading from Exim3 to Exim4
* Dean Staff <dean@???> [20031102 21:14]: wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently upgraded from Exim 3 to Exim 4.2x
> my problem is I have 1 e-mail account for my domain I treat as an
> alias. It for a user who never needed POP access. I just added his
> name to the /etc/aliases files to redirect his e-mail to his e-mail
> address at his ISP. I never needed to create a physical account for
> him.
>
> Under Exim 3 it worked like a charm. But I just noticed that under
> Exim 4 it is broken.
> Messages for root are redirected to my personal account, and those
> work, but every message addressed to the aliased e-mail fails.
>
> I get the following error.
> Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
> reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
> relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:
>
>    451 Temporary local problem - please try later

> The Exim4 log has this entry
>
> 2003-11-02 12:25:21 H=(win95) [192.168.62.73] F=<dean@???>
> temporarily rejected RCPT <john@???>: host lookup did not
> complete
>
> I have checked my exim4 conf.d and I have the following router entry
> in /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases
> system_aliases:
> debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = redirect
> allow_fail
> allow_defer
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> # user = list
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> # directory_transport = address_directory
>

> and my aliases file is /etc/aliases writeable by root only, and
> readable by all.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on where to look to fix this issue.
> Also, in case it is pertinent, I am also running Spamassassin and sa-
> exim. is it possible that sa-exim or Spamassassin are causing the
> problem?

have you tried exim -d -bt that@???. That will guide you
towards solving the problem. It looks easy enough. All you have to verify
is that mails addressed to remote addresses get delivered. If so, then
the case of this particular address is special and has nothing to do
with Exim itself.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post