Re: [Exim] Exim 4.24 lsearch lookup problems

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andreas J Mueller
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Michael Ludwig
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.24 lsearch lookup problems
Hi Michael!

>> condition      = ${lookup {$sender_address}
>> lsearch{/etc/exim/senders_without_disclaimer}{yes}{no}}

> thanks for your tip, that solved my problem.
> But why did my condition not work?
> (I'm trying to get this behaviour understood).

Your condition did not work, because there is nothing to look up in
your file. It only contains keys, not values. lsearch'ed files
usually look like this:

webmaster@???: value1
listuser@???: value2

value1 or value2 is being returned as the result of a lookup.

Since you only wanted to run a router if the sender address matches a
specific list of addresses, you could have simply used the "senders"
precondition, like this:

senders = /etc/exim/senders_without_disclaimer

No need to do a lookup when there's nothing to look up. ;-)

Andy