Re: [Exim] [MEDIA] Exim as reference MTA

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [MEDIA] Exim as reference MTA
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 02:01:01PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2003/10/22 19:46), Nico Erfurth wrote:
>> Maybe interesting for some of you.

>> The European Commission released a OSS Migration Guideline which favours
>> exim as MTA of the choice.

> It never ceases to amaze me how much more sensible the EU seems to be
> than the USA does, with respect to (at least) technology.

> I'll get over it eventually. :-)

I'll help you. While the part about MTAs starts rather sane (exim
having better documentation at "expert" level) the actual argument for
choosing exim over postfix seems to be rather stupid:

"The other two" [courier and postfix] "are perhaps lessable to deal
with large volumes of messages. The choice is not clear cut and
Administrators should really make their own decision based on their
local requirements."
              cu andreas