Re: [Exim] failing address lookup

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] failing address lookup
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:31:45 +0000 (GMT) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Phil Chambers wrote:
>
> > I don't understand two things. First I can't see why exim is failing to find the IP
> > address for cyrus1.
>
> Use -d to find out why.

But this is a service machine and the address lookup works 99.99% of the time. The
problem only crops up once every few days. I just do not have the disc space to
cope with the logs which would result.

> > Second, why is the message frozen and not just deferred and
> > re-tried later?
>
> The manualroute router thinks it is a really serious error if it can't
> find the IP of a host to which you have explicitly routed a domain. It
> freezes the message to make you aware of what appears to be a
> critical configuration error.

I have another router and transport which use route_data to carry the addresses and
have never seen this type of lookup problem. Since I have the address in both
/etc/hosts and the DNS and I have "hosts: files dns" in nsswitch.conf I am at a loss
as to why it would ever fail.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter