Re: [Exim] SMTP "port" string expansion patch

Author: Adam Thornton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP "port" string expansion patch
On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 14:25, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Before this can be done, the keys for the retry records must be changed
> from just being IP addresses, to being IP addreses + ports. Otherwise, a
> failure on one port would affect connections to other ports on the same
> IP address, which does not seem right. I *almost* got to do this item,
> and then my new workstation arrived and I was away and now it is nearly
> November and other things must take priority...

My mistake; I thought this was what

host_key = include_ip_address?
string_sprintf("T:%S:%s%s", host->name, host->address, portstring) :
string_sprintf("T:%S%s", host->name, portstring);

(from retry.c) did--it looked like a nonstandard port generated a
non-null port string, which would then generate a new key.

Adam