Re: [Exim] Reducing mysql load

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Leggett
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Reducing mysql load
> Exim caches the last lookup, but if you have two alternating lookups,
> you lose this. You may do better if you use named local part/domain
> lists, because there is some caching involved there too. (I'm cautious
> here, because I know the caching can only happen if Exim is sure the
> domain list won't be different in different cases, and I can't remember
> exactly what the rules are.)

It does? Is this stored in an expansion variable or is it just automatic?
(i.e. exim detects that the current lookup is identical to the previous one
and uses that result)

> In the first router that does the checks, you could set address_data to
> something (using the address_data generic option), and just test that in
> the subsequent routers.

Nice idea, however to quote the documentation

<!-- Begin Documentation Quote (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/
spec_14.html) -->
address_data

Type: string, expanded
Default: unset

The string is expanded just before the router is run, that is, after all the
pre~con~dition tests have succeeded.
<!-- End documentation quote -->

Since it is expanded after the preconditions (local_parts, domains, condition)
then surely if the router is skipped because of a condition failiure it is
not set so i cant use this in the other routers.
Is there another setting i can use which is expanded before the preconditions?
(cant see one in section 14 of the docs)

Thanks for your input
- --
David Leggett
david@???
http://www.asguard.org.uk
http://www.site-control.org
Get my public GPG key from http://www.asguard.org.uk/~david/david.asc
Fingerprint: 432E 4EAD E1E5 26BB 29EB 47FA CBDE AB17 0D23 C76B