Re: [Exim] Port number / RBL not dynamic fields?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Port number / RBL not dynamic fields?
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 exim@??? wrote:

> First of all: Exim is great and offers a lot of nice options! Especially
> a little 'thank you' to the author(s).

Thanks for your support.

> After a lot of research I have one question in mind: why aren't all
> 'fields' dynamic (using a lookup instead of static information)?

History, mainly.

> i.e.: the port number of the 'smtp' transport (port = <portnumber>)

That's on the wish list, but it isn't as easy as it appears. Currently,
when an SMTP connection fails, the retry information is keyed only IP
address (assuming a fixed port number). The first change will have to be
to add the port number to that key. Then we can allow port numbers to
vary each time the transport is called. I was close to doing this, but
have been overtaken by other events which have pushed it down the stack
again. :-(

[The mistake I made in the beginning was not to realize that lots of
different ports would be used. I should have always used address+port
combinations in all places.]

> i.e.: the list of RBL servers you can use (deny rbllist = <rbl's>)

That *is* expanded. All arguments of conditions and modifiers are
expanded. At least, that's what the manual says. I'd better
doublecheck... goes and reads code ... well, the code seems to think
it is expanded.

> Reason: my configuration uses a lot of information which is retrieved
> from a MySQL database. It works great, especially with a hand made
> webfrontend. Everything is dynamic and on the fly changeable. When I can
> change i.e. the list of active RBL servers, this would be great and
> quick, but it doesn't seem to work....

Please test with -d and send me evidence of failure.