[Exim] Reducing mysql load

Author: David Leggett
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Reducing mysql load
Hello list

I have my MTA (exim 4.24) set up here at home to take all its data from a
mysql database. After looking at my mysql log I realised that exim was doing
about 6-10 queries per incoming email.
Most of those queries seem to me to be work that isnt needed.
They are lookups to satisfy local_parts= and domains= for my routers, having 3
different routers with exactly the same set of domains/local parts and
exactlly the same query (SELECT local_part from mail_users WHERE
local_part='$local_part' AND domain='$domain'; for local_part=)
I am wondering if there is any way to reduce the load that this is putting on
mysql, although I guess its not vital as I have very few users (and I dont
ever anticipate having many).
Just looking for a bit of extra efficiency *grin*.

Many thanks

- --
David Leggett
david@???
http://www.asguard.org.uk
http://www.site-control.org
Get my public GPG key from http://www.asguard.org.uk/~david/david.asc
Fingerprint: 432E 4EAD E1E5 26BB 29EB 47FA CBDE AB17 0D23 C76B