Re: [Exim] FreeBSD, Exim and Spamassassin.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] FreeBSD, Exim and Spamassassin.
* Yann Golanski <yann@???> [20031028 13:28]: wrote:
> What is the best way to do spam filtering using Exim on FreeBSD?

Hi Yann,

Shouldn' you just get FreeBSD out of the picture? ;-)
I think the platform is less important. The implementation and
your particular setup seems to be the determinant, or so I think.

Here is my view.

With a small bunch of users who all want spam filtering, I find the
a router/transport combo with some procmail a good way. I am involving
procmail because in my setup, I quarantine the e-mails that are
tagged as spam and then generate a report to the user, informing them
that their e-mails were quarantined, and giving them the option to
recover the mail in case of a false positive. The downside to this
is that it involves extra overheads (cron, perl scripts) and also
that when someone uses an aliased address, then it doesn't work
well, at least according to my setup.

I think with wholly "virtualised" system (DB driven) and having
the SA prefs in a db would be almost ideal. Arranging that so that
tagged mail is delivered directly to a "spam" folder would be a
plus, but things do change when you have some users doing pop
while others uding just imap.

With a tight policy, where spam filtering is a _must_, then
sa-exim may be a good way.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post