[Exim] OT: email automation

Author: Rasputin
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] OT: email automation
This is a longshot.

We are going to be distributing IP whitelists to 5 MTAs.

I'd suggested pushing the hostlists with rsync to each MTA,
which will work fine.

Then my boss asked why we couldnt just mail the list
(or better yet, a diff) to a particular address and have the mail
server update itself.

My first thought was that this would be useful, a few
scripts and procmail rules could make it happen. PGP the
diff for security too, and it should be fairly safe.

Oh, and stick in a timestamp to prevent replayattacks.

It makes sense to configure a mailserver via mail (especially on
our notwork; you wouldnt believe how restrictive the firewall is).
Plus new servers can be added by sticking an extra address in a list.

my second thought was 'this has probably already been done'.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a tool that already did this?

--
Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
        -- Don Marquis