Re: [Exim] Summary and RFD about maildir quotas

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dmitriy
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Summary and RFD about maildir quotas
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Dmitriy wrote:

> Also I`d like to mention one thing:"Quota check at smtp time".
> Is there any plans to make some mechanism to support this check at smtp
> time? For example in "mail from" acl(if there was size part of the command)
> or "data" acl. I know(or may be I`m wrong) that exim runs under non-root uid
> during acl processing and therefore can`t check some things due to
> insufficient priveleges.
> May be helper daemon?

If somebody writes a helper daemon, then the existing ${run or ${socket
features of expansion strings could be used to do the check.

If somebody writes something that, for example, maintains the data in a
database, Exim could look it up.

In other words, I think there are enough features in Exim already to get
the data from many different kinds of source. What is needed is a way of
maintaining the data for Exim to read. I don't have time to work on
that, I'm afraid.