Re: [Exim] problem relaying

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Dan Keshet
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] problem relaying
On 2003-10-25 at 19:46 -0400, Dan Keshet wrote:
> I have just installed exim and most things are going well. However,
> some people are getting relay denied even though they are in our
> relay_from_hosts. I have tested other people and relay_from_hosts
> successfully accepts them when they are in it, but not when they are
> not.

> The IP address is in our relay_from_hosts. (Note: reverse DNS does
> not work for the address.)

> The 65.96.160 address is in relay_from_hosts, and when I send from the
> machine that's directly at that address, it relays fine.
>
> Any help?

Do you have a hostname/pattern in the relay_from_hosts definition before
the IP address/subnet which is supposed to match?

My memory's vague on the exact details, since we avoid hostnames in
host-match ACLs (for anything, if we can help it, not just Exim), but
doesn't Exim take a very paranoid approach to what DNS resolution
failures mean?

You might wish to try moving any hostnames to the end of the hostlist
after the IP checks.

If no hostnames, then it might help to post the relevant Exim ACL and
any hostlists which it references, as I'd suspect a mis-ordering of
something.
--
2001: Blogging invented. Promises to change the way people bore strangers with
banal anecdotes about their pets. <http://www.thelemon.net/issues/timeline.php>