[Exim] Permissions problems with sa-exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Cam Ellison
Para: Exim-Users
Asunto: [Exim] Permissions problems with sa-exim
I'm running Exim 4.22 and sa-exim 3.1, having screwed up with sa-exim
3.0 (changed owners and permissions -- yes, I know, I shouldn't mess
with what my betters have created, and I should keep records), purged
it, and installed 3.1. Exim now complains about not having
permissions to write to the sa-exim logs, thus:

2003-10-25 08:59:03 1ADQoE-0002vX-Uc SA: PANIC: Error in error handler while trying to save mail to /var/spool/sa-exim/SAerrorsave/1067097543_200310251423.h9PENHKH019036@???, file sa-exim.c, line 1345: Permission denied

When I purged sa-exim 3.0, the logs did not disappear (I neglected to
check this), so when I reinstalled, I assume the installation did not
overwrite them. I have since wiped them out, in hopes that sa-exim
would set them up again. This has not worked.

What is my best approach -- wipe it and start again, or can I just
create the directories manually? If so, what should the permissions be?

TIA

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.