Re: [Exim] Router declining

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Helmut
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Router declining
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Helmut wrote:

> after a couple of tryings and reading the documentation (but may be not the
> right parts of it) i am confused about when a routers fails and when it
> declines.
> (When the precondition(s) fail(s) it fails but when does it decline?)

When a precondition fails, the router is not run at all. Exim skips to
the next router. This is not "fail".

> Can someone explain (a fool like) me, when a router is running but
> declining?

When a router does run (all the preconditions succeed), one of the
possible results is "decline", which means "I might have been able to
handle this address, but when I went and looked things up, I found that
I could not", e.g. a dnslookup router looks in the DNS and finds
nothing.

If a router returns "fail" it means "I recognize this address, and it
should be bounced" e.g. a redirect router finding a :fail: item in an
alias file.

Does that help?