Re: [Exim] filter syntax

Author: Philip Hazel
To: cjackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] filter syntax
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, cjackson wrote:

> Problem: When I add more conditions to the below filter, like one of
> these....
> if personal or $h_subject: does not contain *SPAM* \n \
> if personal or "$h_subject": does not contain "*SPAM*" \n \
> if personal or ("$h_subject": does not contain SPAM ) \
> etc etc; Exim gives errors reading the filter.
>
> It seems that any multipart condition fails. Any ideas?

Please read the document about Exim filter syntax. You can either use

  if condition then
    if condition then
    endif
  endif

or

  if condition1 and
     condition2 and
  then
  endif

What you wrote is neither of those forms.

You can use parentheses where needed, e.g.

if (condition1 or condition2) and condition3 then...