Re: [Exim] Preventing a bounce conditionally

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Peter McGarvey
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Preventing a bounce conditionally
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Peter McGarvey wrote:

> Except if the message has also been tagged as spam I don't see the point
> in generating a bounce. The original sending domain is valid or my
> gatekeeper would not have accepted the mail. So it's either fake, or
> it's a red herring in the DNS which doesn't accept incomming
> connections. Either way I'd just like exim to giveup (and to log the
> fact).
>
> After scratching my head for a few hours I don't seem to be able to
> workout a solution.

You can't stop the bounce being generated, but:

You can detect bounces in routers (check for an empty sender). You can
detect that the message originated locally (check for empty sender host
address). So if you can detect that this is a bounce of spam (perhaps by
looking at the headers in the returned message) you can set up a router
that throws such messages away.