Re: [Exim] Refuse connection if no MX for sending host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Tony Finch
Cc: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Refuse connection if no MX for sending host
[ On Friday, October 24, 2003 at 10:12:28 (+0100), Tony Finch wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Refuse connection if no MX for sending host

> > > Where does it say that?
> >
> > Before I answer that (because you're sure as heck not going to like the
> > answer!), let me ask you this:
> >
> > Why the hell wouldn't you publish an MX for every mail server?!?!?!?!?
>
> Because there are no valid email addresses at that domain.

Strictly speaking there is always one valid e-mail address at every host
which answers SMTP, and even all of those which might speak SMTP -- at
least when they might speak as a relay (i.e. ignoring mail readers which
should probably use LMTP not SMTP for sending outgoing messages, but
which have not since historically LMTP was not specified when they
became common).

Indeed you've said exactly this yourself in another reply to this same
thread.

> See my previous
> comment about not supporting email delivery to arbitrary computers.

I never said anything about supporting e-mail delivery to arbitrary
computers. If you re-read my very simple question above you'll
hopefully understand that I asked only why you wouldn't publish an MX
for the host domain name of every _mail_server_ -- i.e. those systems
which do already accept e-mail delivery by way of SMTP.

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>