Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-acl-4.24-13

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-acl-4.24-13
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:42:15PM +0200, Michael Haardt wrote:

> > > If the config stays backward-compatible, I can put it in ... :)

> Being able to specify the server per ACL is a feature, and had you chosen
> an extensible format like attribute-value-pairs for parameter passing,
> compatibility would not be a problem. I didn't chose that either, but
> I am not religious on compatibility of such a small detail if changing
> buys me something. ;)

[...]

If you are abolutely sure[1] you cannot provide a backwards compatible
"spam" condition with your extensions pretty please simply make it
available under a different name (spam2) instead of breaking every
existing installation.

Wearing my Debian maintainer head, I have to add that it would make my
life absolutely miserable, the "easiest" option for me would be to
remove your modifiation for the Debian package.
        cu andreas

[1] Still missing a reply on
<20031011153331.GA10829@???>.