Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-acl-4.24-13

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-acl-4.24-13
> > >And, as usual, my enhancement to allow multiple spamd servers and
> > >more flexible header parsing:
> >
> > If the config stays backward-compatible, I can put it in ... :)

Being able to specify the server per ACL is a feature, and had you chosen
an extensible format like attribute-value-pairs for parameter passing,
compatibility would not be a problem. I didn't chose that either, but
I am not religious on compatibility of such a small detail if changing
buys me something. ;)

Actually, I am thinking about breaking it even further by removing the
"true" option. I could use a "warn" ACL to make the query and use
the set variables in the next query using a regular condition. Am I
missing something there?

> Speaking of backward-compatibility, have you tried exiscan-acl with
> Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60?
>
> Last time I tried, it borked pretty badly, because the report format and
> other stuff changed.

I do not run the original spamassassin, but indeed exiscan does not parse
SA multi-field response headers, which the current SA might use. My patch
changes that, but I did not try it with the original spamassassin.
I would fix it, if didn't work and I got a sample response header, though.

Michael