[Exim] invalid value for message_size_limit:

Author: Patrick Boutilier
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] invalid value for message_size_limit:
Found this in the archives. I am having the same problem on RedHat 9
after upgrading from 4.20 to 4.24 (built from source). The problem does
not occur with RedHat 8.0. Also the problem only occurs when calling
exim from the command line and it doesn't matter what the value for
message_size_limit is.

/usr/local/exim/bin/exim-4.24-1 -t

2003-10-23 09:09:06 invalid value for message_size_limit: absolute value
of integer "500M" is too large (overflow)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Matt Terry wrote:

> I keep getting this error message in my exim_mainlog... Doesnt seem to be
> anything in the archives related to this...
>
> Has anyone seen this error before:
>
> 2003-10-03 12:01:25 invalid value for message_size_limit: absolute

value of
integer "50M" is too large (overflow)

Which release of Exim? I cannot reproduce this on the current release.