[Exim] how do you override default helo

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dean Staff
To: exim-users
Neue Treads: Fixed Re: [Exim] how do you override default helo
Betreff: [Exim] how do you override default helo
Hi,
I'm new to the list, and to Exim. I've use qmail for years and just
made the switch...
I've had a couple of emails bounce on me with following error...
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<somerecipient@???>:
    host mail.isp.com [66.xx.xxx.xxx]: 504 <DEA01FW-Clean>:
    Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

My mail server host name is infact DEA01FW (not-Clean)
In qmail I could change the host name sent to a HELO query by editing
a helo config file... How do I do the same in Exim 4.22? I'd like it
to respond with mail.mydomain.name.

I've tried going through the Exim Spec, can't find it easily.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dean

Dean Staff Kanata On. Canada
A+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CIW Security Analyst