[Exim] bouncing of bounce-messages

Author: Margrit Lottmann
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] bouncing of bounce-messages
We are using the exiscan patch with exim4.22 and
reject messages with
specific attachments (.exe, .com, ....)
if demime errors given
if virus' found

Some of our decentral MTA's (sendmail) have serious problems
to accept our 5.. permanent errors. They try to send a bounce
message with :
bounce message + rejected message

to the sender of that (bounced) email...
(They are using our exim server also for their bounce-messages...)

result: also the bounce message will bounce because of demime error,...

If the MTA, which receives a 5.. error code , is also an exim server,
following bounce-messages don't fail... (exim can cut bounced messages
to bind only a part of a given email body to the resulting
bounce-message).

Has anybody good ideas to resolve these problems with sendmail MTA's

???

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
M.Lottmann

 Otto - von - Guericke  Universitaet      __  __   ____ _____         _   __
               Magdeburg                 / / / /  / __ \__  /        / | / /
           Margrit Lottmann            / /_/ /  / _, _/ / /_______// /|  /
       Universitaetsrechenzentrum      \____/  /_/ |_| /____/     /_/ |_/
         Netze & Kommunikation