Re: [Exim] System Filter help

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] System Filter help
Deanna Neider said:
> I am at a medium sized company looking to filter viri out of email on our
> exim server. The typical sceniro is the company can not justify paying
> for virus software for this email server. The person who set this email
> server up is no longer with us. Here is the filter that I used to block
> viri.
> Any suggestions on how to get this to run on version 3.02 or higher
> would be greatly appreciated. It is blocking any text contained in the
> email message and attachments, as well. Thank you for any help with
> this. Deanna

Using a newer version of Exim 4.24 with Exiscan-ACL and Clam AV is a free
solution that should do most of what you want. You don't need to bother
with the system filter then and you get much better protection.

Add Spam Assassin which is also free and you can tackle spam problems too.
Additionally you can use exim-sa to use Spam Assassin while getting the
message.

All free tools... and good online help to boot!

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums