Re: [Exim] hosts_avoid_tls unknown in exim 4

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Thomas Baumann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] hosts_avoid_tls unknown in exim 4
>From: Thomas Baumann <tirili+list.exim@???>
>To: "exim-users@???" <exim-users@???>
>Subject: [Exim] hosts_avoid_tls unknown in exim 4
>Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:16:07 +0200
>
>I wanted use the hosts_avoid_tls = /etc/exim/no_tls.txt
>in my dnslookup router.
>
>dnslookup:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = ! +local_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
> hosts_avoid_tls = /etc/exim/avoid_tls
> no_more
>
>But when starting exim it failes because of unknown option.

You can't do this. hosts_avoid_tls is an option for the smtp
transport. it isn't an option for a router. I use it in an
smtp transport like this:

# Almost bog-standard smtp transport to off-load internet email to
# wherever it's supposed to go.
internet_smtp:
driver = smtp
#
# Grrr, the hosts in the hostlist used here say they support TLS
# but then can't hack it.
hosts_avoid_tls = +no_tls_advertise_hosts

where no_tls_advertise_hosts is set in the main configuration:

# There are clods-for-clients out there who say they support TLS but
# then can't hack it. Our logs tell us this. We'll not offer them
# STARTTLS and an appropriate transport won't take them up on any
# offer to use TLS.
hostlist no_tls_advertise_hosts = net-SEARCH;NO_TLS_HOSTS