Re: [Exim] Logging of mails with attachment via system_filte…

Author: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Logging of mails with attachment via system_filter
Jens Strohschnitter said:
> Hi there,
>
> is it possible to log all mails, that have attachments
> to a seperate logfile, like blocking with system_filter ?
>
> For example all mails with attachment should be logged
> in a file attachments.log that contains the informations:
>
> senderaddress
> recipientaddress
> attachment

Do you need to know all attachments?? or are you just attempting to log
certain types of attachments.

If it is certain types, you could use exiscan-ACL and just make a rule
that does a warn about anything that matches the type of attachment you
want, and then do a simple grep of your logs for all the info you need.

Same as I do now for blocking attachments... All the info is already in
the logs...

DENY ATTACHMENT                        14
   EXE ATTACHMENT                      13
   COM ATTACHMENT                       0
   PIF ATTACHMENT                       0
   SCR ATTACHMENT                       1

The same way I grep this you could grep out the other info you are looking
for...

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums